Amazon affiliate marketing program, called Amazon Associates, is one of the largest in the world With over 900,000 international affiliates – content providers, bloggers, and publishers – Amazon Associates, Amazon’s affiliate marketing network, is one of the best affiliate program for online marketers.
In exchange for Amazon product placements, the program works with its affiliates to monetise their internet traffic.
There’s little doubt why Amazon is at the vanguard of an online marketplace thriving in commission-based product promotions – they’re the product experts. To find out “what is affiliate marketing?” and “how can I get started with affiliate marketing?” This post contains all you need to know about affiliate marketing.
How to Qualify For Amazon’s Affiliate Marketing Program
It is actually pretty simple to qualify for the Amazon affiliate program. To qualify for the program, an affiliate-to-be merely needs an online platform – that is, a website, Youtube channel, or a blog – to advertise and promote any Amazon product.
If you already have an Amazon account, you must log in before you can join up for the program. When you indicate that you want to establish an affiliate account, Amazon will ask for the URL of your website or platform. Then you must notify Amazon of the following:
- How you intend to drive visitors to your website.
- How many visitors your platform receives on a monthly basis.
- Why do you wish to be a part of Amazon’s affiliate program?
Amazon will ask for your tax details and preferred payment method when you have filled out the necessary information.
Then you’re all in. Amazon will send you a welcome email, and you will be on your way to being an Amazon affiliate.
How the Amazon Affiliate Marketing Program Works
Amazon Associates is essentially a referral scheme. Affiliate marketers in the program promote Amazon items and services on their website or Youtube channel.
When a website or video visitor clicks on an affiliate link and purchases a product, the affiliates get a share of the sale. The proportion varies greatly depending on the sort of product purchased by the customer.
After you’ve joined the Amazon Associates program, you’ll need to create an Amazon affiliate link. The Amazon link may be placed on your website or inside a video description to encourage visitors to check out your suggested product on Amazon’s marketplace.
This link is also used by Amazon to monitor the number of visitors who came from your website or channel. Your affiliate commission will be computed based on the number of visitors. If you’re a WordPress blogger, Amazon also has a plugin for Amazon affiliates that you can quickly add to your site.
The Amazon Associates program works on a regular commission basis. The Operating Agreement contains, but is not limited to, a list of qualifying product categories and their fixed commission rates.
- Luxurious Beauty – 10%
- 5% for music and videos.
- 4.5% for books, kitchen, and automotive.
- 2.5% for PC, DVD, and Blue-Ray.
- 2% for televisions and digital video games.
- 1% for Amazon Fresh, Physical Video Games, Game Consoles, Grocery, and Personal Care.
The Amazon Associate program also offers a variety of “Bounty” and “Bonus” events to help affiliates earn more money. Bounty Events include the following:
- Setting up an Amazon baby or wedding registry – $3
- A Prime Video subscription – $2.50
- Setting up an Amazon Business Account – $15
- Signing up for an Amazon Music Free Trial – $3
- Signing up for an Audible Plus Free Trial – $5
There are also two Amazon Bonus Events that have set money amounts:
- $3 off your first purchase of Amazon Fresh items.
- $3 off your first purchase of Pet food and supplies.
There are several goods, income, and income classifications. It is advised that Amazon affiliates get familiar with each category, as some do not qualify for compensation (such as Audible AudioBook and Audible Premium).
When determining Amazon Affiliate revenue, the set commission rate isn’t the only aspect to consider. Amazon also employs a concept known as a conversion rate.
The conversion rate is measured by measuring what proportion of all visitors to your website click on the affiliate link and make a purchase on Amazon. For example, if your website has 100 visitors but only one person clicks on the affiliate link and makes a purchase, the conversion rate is 1%. The greater your conversion rate and the larger your affiliate income, the more users who make a purchase.
Additional Commission Opportunities
Amazon Associates not only earn a percentage of sales made through the affiliate link, but they also earn a portion of any purchases made by the customer within a 24-hour period after following the link to the marketplace.
However, once the 24-hour period has expired, the affiliate will no longer be paid a percentage of subsequent sales made by the same consumer.
If a customer clicks on an affiliate link, adds a product to their Amazon shopping cart, and then closes the window without making a purchase, the Amazon Associate may still get a commission if the product is added to the shopping basket within the 24-hour timeframe and bought before the shopping cart expires This process takes 90 days.
How to Get Paid as an Amazon Associate
Amazon Associates are paid once a month. Payments are typically made two months after the purchase date. So, if the consumer bought a new planting pot in January, the Amazon Associate will get paid by late March. Amazon accepts three payment methods, which are as follows:
- Direct deposit – Amazon Associates must supply their banking information to Amazon. Once an associate earns a minimum of $10, Amazon will deposit the money.
- Check – Affiliates must supply a postal address to Amazon. The firm will pay the associate once he or she has earned $100. In addition, there is a $15 check processing charge.
- Amazon gift card– Once the affiliate earns $10, Amazon will deliver Amazon gift cards to the affiliate’s email address.
In some circumstances, Amazon Associates will not be paid for specific transactions if the following conditions are met:
- The order was canceled before it was dispatched.
- The order has yet to be shipped.
- The affiliate system flagged the product as non-commissionable.
In most cases, Amazon prefers that affiliates suggest consumers with whom they do not already have a relationship. As a result, referring a close friend or family member to an affiliate link is often frowned upon.
Pros of the Amazon Affiliate Marketing Program
The Amazon affiliate marketing program provides a practical option for content providers to make online cash with the easy click of a button and swipe of a credit card. As a result, there are several advantages to being an Amazon Associate:
- Simple to join – Joining the Amazon Associate program is simple. All you need to do is contact Amazon that you’re interested in the program and provide personal information such as your website URL, banking information, and reasons for participating.
- Reliable retailer — Amazon is a reputable shop. As a result, website visitors are more likely to click on the affiliate link and purchase a new pair of shoes. You may also expect to be treated fairly as an Amazon Associate.
- A plethora of items — The Amazon marketplace is awash with options. There are several local and international items to pick from and market on your platform.
- Additional commission – As previously indicated, Amazon affiliates can receive money on any purchase made by the consumer within 24 hours after clicking on the affiliate link. Because of the way Amazon is set up, it is quite probable that the client would add more than one thing to their basket, resulting in a higher fee for the affiliate.
While the Amazon Associate program offers lucrative rewards, there are a few drawbacks to consider when deciding whether the Amazon associate program is the appropriate affiliate marketing program for you.
Cons of the Amazon Affiliate Marketing Program
Pay close attention to the tiny print when it comes to the Amazon affiliate program’s drawbacks:
- Commission rates – Amazon’s commission rates are somewhat modest when compared to other affiliate marketing programs. The highest commission fee for premium cosmetic goods is 10%, while the lowest is 1%. It may be tough to acquire cash rapidly unless you divert a substantial percentage of your audience to the marketplace.
- Amazon Affiliate Marketing Program Operating Agreement – Amazon’s Operating Agreement is revised on a regular basis. As a result, if affiliates do not review the agreement on a regular basis, they may be uninformed of substantial changes to the program.
- Payment Options – Because the Amazon marketplace does not accept PayPal, it may be problematic for international affiliates that primarily accept PayPal.
While there are a few limitations to the Amazon Associates program, it is still a terrific method to generate online cash quickly. Amazon is a goldmine of marketing opportunities—one to which you might want to hitch your wagon.
Other Affiliate Marketing Programs
While the Amazon affiliate marketing program provides an extensive, global platform for affiliate marketers, the company’s size limits personal assistance and coaching. If you are interested in further collaborations, learn more about the following affiliate marketing programs.
ShareASale is one of the world’s largest affiliate networks, and it has been in business for more than two decades, so it has gained a lot of trust in the affiliate industry. The network is popular among marketers and merchants because to its user-friendly design, rapid free sign-up, and support for affiliates running several websites. It offers a diverse range of merchants in over 40 categories, including some well-known brands.
ClickBank is a popular choice among affiliate marketers, with 6 million digital items in over 20 categories and a global reach of 200 million individuals. Furthermore, this program gives very large commissions, up to 75%, and ClickBank is recognized for its consistent and trustworthy payments, which is a significant plus. There are many goods that are sold on a recurrent basis, which implies a steady stream of money for you, as well as products with upsell opportunities to help you increase your earnings.